The Foundation Stone of Whitgift House at Haling Park, providing sheltered accomodation and residential care for some 40 elderly people
was laid by Archbishop Runcie, Visitor to the Foundation.|
was opened by Archbishop Runcie.|
|1990||A long process
of reconstruction and expansion, involving many new buildings, which had been taking place at Whitgift
School over a period of forty years, culminated in the opening by Baroness Platt of Writtle of a large
and well equipped building for a new Library and for Craft, Design and Technology.|
Whitgift School, a History, by F.H.G. Percy.|
September Old Palace School For Girls became part of the Whitgift Foundation, with about 790 girls
on the roll.|
some 1000 boys at Whitgift School.|
Considerable improvements have taken place at Trinity School since its removal to Shirley Park in 1965.
The extensive buildings opened this year include two Sports Halls and a Craft, Design and Technology
complex. There are about 850 boys in the school.
refurbishment and modernisation of the Whitgift School is due for completion.|
Work commences on the construction of new Preparatory School buildings for Old Palace School.|